We could end up witnessing a San Francisco that reflexively tightens up its tenant protections and votes overwhelmingly against condominium development projects… On the other end, the city could become a Manhattan-esque playground for the rich of haute cafes that serve $4 toast, a place where community development centers get evicted and replaced by fusion restaurants catering to the whims of the latest food trends.
In today’s global economy, here is what is scarce:
1. Quality land and natural resources.
2. Intellectual property, or good ideas about what should be produced.
3. Quality labor with unique skills.
Here is what is not scarce these days:
1. Unskilled labor, as more countries join the global economy
2. Money in the bank or held in government securities, which you can think of as simple capital, not attached to any special ownership rights.
DEMOCRACY IN AMERICA | TODAY IN ZEEGA RETROSPECTIVE
On July 1st, we created the first Today in Zeega. It was an experiment to try and innovate a newscast for the internet age, replete with the latest in breaking news, historical remembrances, and of course, cat GIFs. Lots of cat GIFs. Our…